Aerobic exercises work the heart, which is a muscle, in strengthening it. But the benefits of aerobic exercises are beyond the heart, the whole body benefits from it.
Many of the benefits are with the practice of regular aerobic exercises (3 to 6 days a week). Here are some of them:
- Improves our mood and fights against depression, anxiety, and stress. The regular practice of aerobic exercises promotes the release of endorphin substances which act as natural painkillers in addition to combat against stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Greatly improves self-esteem.
- Improves the immune system.
- Improves sleep quality
- Strengthens the muscles of the heart; increasing cardio respiratory capacity. The heart pumps more blood with every beat allowing a reduction in heart rate at rest and during physical activity.
- Improves the level of good cholesterol; the HDL.
- Increases resistance to fatigue giving you more energy to complete day-to-day tasks: tired at short term, during and immediately after the exercises, but in the long term it is responsible for a greater provision and reduce in fatigue.
- Prevents diseases such: as hypertension, diabetes, cerebral vascular accidents and obesity. Obesity is a factor that contributes to the development of cardiac diseases, hypertension, cerebral vascular accident, diabetes and some types of cancer. By losing weight, it reduces the risk of developing these diseases.
- It helps with weight loss: Since these exercises burn fat, it is possible to reduce the amount of body fat.
The more immediate results are the improvements in energy and improvement of blood circulation. The other benefits operate as a “savings account”: where the more we practice, the more our health improves through exercises such as walking, pedaling, and dance or swim.
It is important to regularly workout to improve results with physical activity. The cumulative effects are the most effective for health. In addition, we can feel the effects of relaxation after aerobic exercises by the release of endorphins which is a neurotransmitter like acetylcholine and dopamine; they are all released in aerobic exercises. These hormones are called hormones of pleasure by the effects of relaxation that they produce.
Don’t forget to do your daily aerobic exercises!
XoXo and have a happy-fun workout!